[cryptome] Rapid Deployment of Windows 10 by US Government

  • From: douglas rankine <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 12:21:08 +0000

from cryptome twitter, see url: http://www.defense.gov/News-Article-View/Article/688721/dod-wide-windows-10-rapid-deployment-to-boost-cybersecurity#.VuCpybhQCfk.twitter

Is Windows 10 secure base line, any more secure than other Windows operating systems? Would it not be cheaper to use something like Linux Ubuntu? After all it is open source and doesn't cost anything, or a lot less than Windows 10 for commercial use...And I am sure that it could be made just as, or even more than secure than Windows 10? Of course, deploying Windows 10 operating system everywhere, does have its advantages, every computer can be updated at once; but it also has its disadvantages, like something going wrong with the update.

What is worse...one ransomware bug in 10 million computers operating systems, or a variety of bugs in a variety of operating systems. All these calculations of risk which has to be done in our modern society. One needs the induction of a complex algorithm into ones systems more than one needs a shot of Scots Whiskey these days...:-)
Just a thought..