[cryptome] POTUS: Encryption: I am way on side of Civil Liberties...

  • From: douglas rankine <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 17:14:19 +0000

see url: https://cryptome.org/2016/03/obama-crypto-sxsw.htm

"But I would caution on an absolute perspective on this..."

In other words...my words...

We (The US government law enforcement agencies) want legal access on this. Some see this as accessible search warrants...others see it as back doors, front doors, side doors, upstairs doors, sky doors, underground doors to "absolute encryption"...or Open Doors with a licence to peek, seize, gather and use as evidence to convict or spy...but it isn't Orwellian or Big Brother...And don't worry about the Chinese getting access.

  At least he sees the ambiguity.

Now, could we get a search warrant under the All Writs Act to search the White House phones and other communications devices and storage, for evidence of illegal drone usage in foreign countries, used to kill women and children with the excuse of the greater needs of the US state versus the collateral damage to the victims, which is against their nation states laws of civil liberties, intrusion of air space, ground space, house space, private space and life space?