[cryptome] Re: Omidyar-Greenwald Scam to Sell Crypto?

  • From: "Gary L. Wallin" <garylwallin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 08:21:13 -0600

I liked this salient point; "Create the problem, sell the solution. Make the problem more acute, get press coverage for it, sell more widgets. Lather, rinse, repeat. This is hugely widespread in Silicon Valley, and on the Internet, where you get bombarded by spam telling you that you have viruses; you go to a website and test for them and lo and behold, you have them, then you are told you can get rid of them for $19.95. Or worse, you can find out if you have them for $9.95. Enormous amounts of Internet business is done this way."

*
More than Technology and Capitalism are needed to fix the situation. We can't code our way to nirvana and we can't buy our way either. The real problems might demand some Critical Thinking and more complex solutions. We may have to adapt. Resistance is Futile if all we do is to depend on simple minded products that only put a band aid to the huge gaping wound that has become the human condition.*

Gary L. Wallin

On 1/8/2014 6:22 PM, John Young wrote:

      Pierre Omidyar's Business Model for First Look is Like a Second
      Life or Anti-Virus Guard Scam

http://3dblogger.typepad.com/wired_state/2014/01/pierre-omidyars-business-model-for-first-look-is-like-a-second-life-or-anti-virus-guard-scam.html