[cryptome] Re: Omidyar-Greenwald Scam to Sell Crypto?

  • From: "Gary L. Wallin" <garylwallin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 07:57:21 -0600

From the caption at the end of the article: ".../Addressing security threats requires both automated tools and real people with rules and political willingness to enforce them."

*I think Security and privacy ain't goin to happen because the political system is broken, grid-locked, and **insufficient**to do the job.**
**
**The Panopticon and and the spy state are just part**of the social and technological evolution taking place.I suspect they are irreversible and that we have have no choice but to adapt or perish. **
**
**Our time might be spent more productively if we turn the tools of the Panopticon and spy state back on the governments and businesses that abuse it. If our lives are going to be transparent and fully viewable for the uber elite, then its time we demand the same transparency and viewability for those in con**trol. **
**
**We need to encourage more leaks, and spy on our masters. Whats good for the geese will only help t**hem unless the ganders adopt the same tools. **
**
**I never thought the 'Spy vs Spy' of Mad magazine would become the norm, but it is the frightening new reality. Technology has given us a very big Lemon, and now we need to make the best Lemonade we can. Le**t's hope that Jim Jones doesn't have final say in the recipe for that Lemonade.

Question authority. Question everyone. But above all, don't abandon the inquiry. We all need to know what is happening.

Gary L. Wallin
Depressed buy with a sliver of optimism.
*

/
On 1/8/2014 6:22 PM, John Young wrote:

      Pierre Omidyar's Business Model for First Look is Like a Second
      Life or Anti-Virus Guard Scam

http://3dblogger.typepad.com/wired_state/2014/01/pierre-omidyars-business-model-for-first-look-is-like-a-second-life-or-anti-virus-guard-scam.html