[cryptome] ODNI Counsel: Governments Want Accessible Crypto from Business

  • From: John Young <jya@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptography@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, cryptography@xxxxxxxxxxxx,cypherpunks@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 20:42:41 -0500

ODNI counsel Robert Litt is "optimistic" cryptographers will devise secure encryption which provides government access, it's "what many governments want."

"One of the many ways in which Snowden's leaks have damaged our national security is by driving a wedge between government and providers and technology companies so that some companies that formerly recognized that protecting our nation was a valuable and important public service they could perform now feel compelled to stand in opposition."

http://cryptome.org/2015/02/odni-litt-15-0204.pdf