[cryptome] Re: NZ Prime Minister John Key Calls for evidence of NSA Surveillance in NZ

  • From: Jeremy Compton <j.compton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 23:53:51 +1200

Yes, l have been following this for a while, but we have not seen evidence of
it in NZ. Kim Dotcom's party (Kim Dotbomb) Internet Manna Party has become
vapourware, it is essentially nowhere now :)
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 17:39:21 +1200
Subject: [cryptome] Re: NZ Prime Minister John Key Calls for evidence of NSA
Surveillance in NZ
From: emilegrey@xxxxxxxxx
To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Moment of?.........what some of us already know. :)

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 1:48 AM, Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Tue thing that is really undoing Snowden is that apparently there
    are a number of inexplicable gaps and/or inconsistencies in his
    story.. it is even hinted in some quarters that he may have passed
    material to Russia and /or China.

    Personally I don't think any of his material is new but rather an
    update on the technological measures being applied to practices that
    have been going on for a goodly number of years.

    On 16/09/2014 06:46, Ryan Carboni
      wrote:

      Poor Snowden, slowly falling out of the limelight,
        unsatisfied by his 15 minutes of fame, always demanding more.
        Will Putin finally kill him?

        On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 10:02 PM,
          Jeremy Compton <j.compton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          wrote:

                Edward Snowden has claimed that the NSA has two
                collection points in Auckland, one in central Auckland
                and one further North.  There is nothing further north
                that l know of that would be of interest.

                This claim by Edward Snowden caused a fire storm of
                unsubstantiated claims. This was a case of rhetoric.
                Myself and many others are very keen to have Edward
                Snowden back up his claims.

                These video clips are contained in the NZ Herald article
                below

                My bet is that Edward Snowden and others will not be
                able to do this.

                Prime Minister John Key responds to this claim below in
                a video clip.

                PM calls for evidence of surveillance
                12:17 PM Tuesday Sep 16, 2014

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11325598

                Claire Trevett
                    Claire Trevett is the New Zealand Herald’s
                      deputy political editor.

    --

       PRIVACY IS A BASIC RIGHT - NOT A CONCESSION