[cryptome] My Heart Bleeds...Was: Re: Noise As a Unique Identifier. and voice print identification

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 13:04:43 +0000

On 07/12/14 00:27, coderman wrote:

snip<<<
Cheney's pacemaker had the wireless capabilities removed, specifically
because of this risk, which at the time was under-appreciated by the
public. (recent medical device hacking research at security
conferences has raised the public awareness :)

see
https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2013/10/22/doctors-disabled-wireless-in-dick-cheneys-pacemaker-to-thwart-hacking/

best regards,

One would have thought that a man of the stature, knowledge and experience of Mr. Cheney, rather than remove the wireless element from his pacemaker, would have had it encoded with some of the top NSA encryption. This would have set an example to the citizenry of the world of his complete trust in their technology, at the same time increasing his chances of surviving through quick action. And, of course, the ideal passphrase could have been that of his colleague, Rumsfield's famous phrase..."
"...there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.^[1] " <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_are_known_knowns#cite_note-defense.gov-transcript-1>

^Still, maybe he doesn't trust his doctors either. My heart bleeds for him, such a terrible affliction. One of our colleagues in the investment club had a pacemaker fitted. We always knew which way he was going to vote when he attended meetings and what he thought was a good share in which to invest, from the speeding up of his heartbeat. No good for playing cards either, though I understand the latest ones are a lot smaller and quieter.

One learns sumfink new every day on this mailing list...Thank you, coderman... :-).