[cryptome] Re: Mobile Phone Security

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 17:23:20 +0100

On 10/06/14 15:56, Aftermath wrote:
use at your own discression

On Tuesday, June 10, 2014, Douglas Rankine <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi B
I am really pleased and relieved that you have said that...Now, whatever you do with your own life is your own affair. The thing to think about for the future is, do you think it is wise to involve others in your private affairs by using this list to encourage other people on this list to download copyrighted material...without explaining to anyone the consequences which could occur to them and for this list, in that it could be accused of being used as a vehicle for downloading such stuff?And...do you think that peer to peer file sharing, encrypted or otherwise protects you, or anyone else from illegal activity on the internet, or from a civil suit of conspiracy and damages? If so, you won't be the first...and you won't be the last. Have a think, don't let your ego rule your common sense. Now, I personally am not bothered what you do with your life, after all, you are a free agent and I don't know you...and it is only a personal opinion I am expressing...I could be wrong, and if you want to take that chance...that is up to you.

Personally, I thought this list was about learning about encryption and computer security and information technology myself and not breaking the law. Have you ever heard of a DMCA notice? John Young gets them occasionally and he has been known to "pull" a file. That's what one has to do, if one wishes to steer clear of the bad guys...or is it the good guys...
Have a nice day...
ATB

    Dear Aftermath,
    Are you sure about that source. If so take a look at what the
    Electronic Frontier Foundation says about it. They do a lovely
    simple to understand tutorial on it. After reading it I think you
    will be advising our colleagues of a different source.  We
    wouldn't want to be getting our younger and perhaps more naive
    colleagues into trouble, would we😐

    On Jun 10, 2014 1:09 PM, Aftermath <aftermath.thegreat@xxxxxxxxx
    <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','aftermath.thegreat@xxxxxxxxx');>> wrote:

        thepiratebay.se/torrent/8020643/The_Wire
        <http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/8020643/The_Wire>

        its great

        On Tuesday, June 10, 2014, Bill St. Clair
        <billstclair@xxxxxxxxx
        <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','billstclair@xxxxxxxxx');>> wrote:

            On Tuesday, June 10, 2014, doug
            <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

                P.S. For those of you, who have the inclination or the
                time, and like a bit of faction, or fictitious
                reality, watching "The Wire" is a real education and I
                personally would recommend it as I found  it
                fascinating.  One can find the dvd for around £45 at
                all good bookstores.

            US Amazon Prime members can stream it from Amazon for
            free. I watched a few episodes many years ago. Lost
            interest. Maybe I'll try it again.

            Bill