[cryptome] Microsoft and the NSA

  • From: Ben McGinnes <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 12:22:35 +1000

Hello,
        Since I just stopped lurking in another thread, I figured I
may as well start another discussion.

Now, I've only been on this list for a little while, but I've been
following Cryptome for quite some time.  John even stopped by my blog
(it's on adversary.org if anyone cares) when I posted about leaks and
spooks a couple of years ago.  Anyway, I'm not posting to shill for my
poorly updated blog, I'm posting to remind people about something
Cryptome published 13 years ago which might be worth revisiting in
light of recent events:

http://cryptome.org/nsakey-ms-dc.htm

This is a very good example of why having an archive like Cryptome
around is such a good thing.  I remembered enough of the salient
details about the "NSA_KEY" to find that fairly quickly.  No doubt
there will be other things that may have slipped by, perhaps from the
ECHELON investigations in the '90s, that may be worth revisiting.

Regards,
Ben