[cryptome] Re: Litvinenko docs pre-September 25 redaction and removal

  • From: douglas rankine <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 21:04:24 +0000

Good idea... :-).  For colleague's information:

see url: https://www.litvinenkoinquiry.org/evidence

see url: https://www.litvinenkoinquiry.org/files/2015/09/Ruling-on-section-9-of-the-Crime-International-Co-operation-Act-2003.pdf
for those who are interested in the reasoning behind redactions. These are legal reasons to do with the submission of evidence which is classified, as well as those given in the ruling. From my understanding the redactions and removal of documents are to do with the submissions made by the Russian state authorities and the two Russian citizens, who were alleged to be involved in the death of Litvinenko, but who subsequently didn't turn up to give oral evidence at the inquiry. Their written evidence is therefore no longer considered as submissions which are considered as relevant for the purposes of the inquiry.

On 26/01/2016 17:34, Michael Best wrote:

After September 25th, a number of documents from the Litvinenko inquiry were redacted or removed from the official sites.

Any chance anyone grabbed any of them? I'm grabbing the ones from the Wayback Machine, but a lot of those files are missing so I'm not sure how many of the redacted/removed documents were saved this way.