[cryptome] Israel's Forgotten History: Or: The trouble with the Potted Variety

  • From: "Douglas Rankine" <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 01:44:09 -0000

Dear Colleagues,

Just a reminder that Israel's creation as a nation state was not without
violence...just like every other nation state and the most peculiar and
dreadful alliances with some of the world's most obnoxious ant-Semitic
political  parties...and the borders claimed for Israel have little to do
with those of 1967.  Not a definitive history of course, as it is only
Wikipedia, but it does lead on to other areas for those who are interested.

Still, I prefer the potted version  meself, much more tolerable.

See url: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehi_%28group%29

And for a slightly different interpretation.  See url:
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/lehi.html

And: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avraham_Stern

I see Netanyahu is promising the non recognition of a Palestine state as a
last ditch effort to win, that puts the kybosh on US foreign policy.

Reminds me of when I had a discussion with a  young Soviet journalist at a
meeting of the British USSR Friendly Society , who explained to me in great
detail that the Russian Revolution and establishment of the Soviet Union was
an entirely legal and democratic process.  He was most upset when I laughed.

Apparently, according to the Electoral Reform Society here in the UK,
proportional representation is more democratic than first past the post!  It
is certainly working in Israel.   Coalitions rather  than outright winners
appears to be the name of the game in elections these days.

Mind you first past the post in the UK looks like it is going to produce
even more potential for coalition at the General Election in May.   It looks
like we are seeing the break up of the two party system, a much more healthy
politics in my view, it takes away the dual polarity, the north and south,
left and right, friends or enemies, sort of outlook, makes it all a bit more
confused, and less self righteous.

Now that the Israeli election is over, bar the re-appointment of Netanyahu,
I might spend some time looking at the one in the UK...If our colleagues can
stand any more of my utterances.