[cryptome] Re: Is This a Hoax: Backdoor to Wireless Router

  • From: Todd Judge <toddbob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2014 00:33:10 +0900

Sorry this is so long, reason enough to blow it off immediate but if you're not
familiar with the Asian way they do things, you may find this interesting.
 You should experience japan banking and bill paying. Now and 10 ago and before
then.
Hint: there's no such thing as checks.  Credit cards in japan are only debt
cards in the west, not domestically used, nor accepted on a semi-nationwide
basis until very recently. Cash is the exchange. And it has it's advantages.
The credit card implementation was based on watching South Korean consumers, as
a whole, fall something like 40 or 60% (don't remember) into debt when western
banks brought them in.  It was a disaster.

I realized, as silly and time consuming as it is to now go to the bank's on
site row of ATMs the 1st of the month, wait in line, literally pull cash out of
your account, then feed it into another account isn't really such a bad thing,
security-wise.

Aas a fun sideline, not more than around 10-12(?) years ago, ATMs were