[cryptome] Re: Is This a Hoax: Backdoor to Wireless Router

  • From: Александр <afalex169@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Можно посоветоваться. Умный компьютерщик <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 11:01:18 +0300

In Harms Way <11414150173@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
"No personal attack, just a wish:

Internet security - like real security in non-virtual life - is no field
for old men with calcified brain-wiring. Please refrain from moaning and
demoralization attempts here and kindly exchange your personal veteran
stories, which are only exhibiting that you didn't do anything tangible
for the greater good when you had the chance to do something, as well as
your family history constructs in direct mails - and off this list, please"

*"No personal attack, just a wish"​*

​I see here INDEED a brutal personal attack.
And i see here no wish, but more likely a​
​n order.

Dougie writes a lot of essential information. Yes, he slips ​
​to some personal stories, but just for strengthening something. And yes,
this adds a lot to the list. Crypto, Security is not just numbers and dry
discussions. It is, as everything in our life, a whole world. And yes,
Doug"s stories add liveliness in every discussion.

So, dear sir (you are so well mannered, that you didnt even mentioned your
name in your "wish") ,
if it was not a personal attack, and just a "wish", you could have written
it to him personally. But now, i am happy that you wrote it to the list
itself. So i can stand for Doug"s protection. And i believe, there are many
others who gain a lot from Dougie and his unique form of presentation of
his ideas!