[cryptome] Re: IG Office: Classification Act,Report Number INS,-,2014,-,002,30 December 2014

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 14:43:48 +0000

Hi Shaun,
It is an official belief and can and will be quoted as such...whenever it comes to a challenge in a court of law, or the Senate, or Congress, or on any official committee, or by the President.

The bureaucracy believes it, will stand by it...argue it as a legal fact; and it is only those, the plebs and such like who have some beef against officialdom or official truths who wont believe it, and will never believe it.

Time, will of course prove it wrong...as it does all belief systems...but there you are where would we be without them (belief systems, I mean)...The problem for the plebs is proving that it is wrong...and the plebs do not have access to classified information...or the other wherewithalls to prove it wrong...Such things appear through incompetence or someone being caught out in wrongdoing, or in payback time...C'est la vie!

Free speech does not extend to classified information...It is an executive function belonging to executives of the appropriate degree, which cannot be challenged in the courts...or, exceptionally, if it can, it rarely leads to revelations but only a few, minor redactions of redactions...or new compositions.

And...after all, one has to trust someone in this world, where would governments be...otherwise...:-) .
ATB
Dougie

On 11/01/15 14:29, Shaun O'Connor wrote:
to be taken with a healthy pinch of Sodium chloride I would say.;-)

ATB

Shaun
On 11/01/2015 11:25, doug wrote:

http://cryptome.org/2015/01/dni-14-1230.pdf

Quote<<<IG found no instances where classification was used to conceal violation of law, inefficiency, or administrative error; prevent embarrassment to a person, organization, or agency; restrain competition; or prevent or delay the release of information not
requiring protection in the interest of national security.
>>>End of Quote.

That's alright then... No hanky panky in the intelligence services after all. Everything above board and tickety boo.

*_PRIVACY IS A BASIC RIGHT - NOT A CONCESSION _* https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/when-time-comes-we-need-be-ready-fight-tpps-secret-anti-user-agenda