[cryptome] Re: Hopefully, a dumb question

  • From: Brian Hecht <brian.hecht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 08:56:07 -0800 (PST)

We have been in a state of National Emergency for over 12 years!
Both Bush, Obama & future presidents will sign(ed) every September ... forever.

Letter -- Continuation of the National Emergency Message - September 10, 2013

TO THE CONGRESS OF THE UNITED STATES:

Section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act, 50 U.S.C. 1622(d), provides for
the automatic termination of a national emergency unless, within 90 days prior
to the anniversary date of its declaration, the President publishes in the
Federal Register and transmits to the Congress a notice stating that the
emergency is to continue in effect beyond the anniversary date. Consistent with
this provision, I have sent to the Federal Register the enclosed notice,
stating that the emergency declared in Proclamation 7463 with respect to the
terrorist attacks on the United States of September 11, 2001, is to continue in
effect for an additional year.

The terrorist threat that led to the declaration on September 14, 2001, of a
national emergency continues. For this reason, I have determined that it is
necessary to continue in effect after September 14, 2013, the national
emergency with respect to the terrorist threat.

BARACK OBAMA

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/09/10/letter-continuation-national-emergency-message

=====================

THE AGENDA IS TO EXPAND THE US EMPIRE (TAKING WORLD RESOURCES AS NOTED) WHILE
AT THE SAME TIME CONTAINING AND CONTROLLING THE AMERICAN CITIZENS INTO
SUBMISSION SLOWLY OVER GENERATIONS.

"Raise your hand if you knew our country has been in a national state of
emergency for over 11 years. If you didn’t, well, surprise! We have been, and
on Friday President Obama let us know that he was extending the provision for
another year, until September 14th, 2013.

The President can declare a state of national emergency whenever he feels like
it. Common sense would tell us that a state of national emergency would start
when bad things actually start happening, and end when said bad thing stops
happening – or soon after. This is apparently not how presidents feel about it.

In the 1970s, post-Watergate investigations revealed that the country had been
in a continuous state of emergency since 1950. In response, the National
Emergencies Act, established in 1976, was supposed to stop the president from
being able to declare open-ended states of emergency. The law puts an automatic
expiration date of two years on any national emergency, unless the president
explicitly extends it, as Obama did last week. While usually used for natural
disasters, President Bush declared a state of emergency in 2009 for the
District of Columbia in anticipation of the influx of people into the capital
for the inauguration of current President Obama.

During an emergency, the writ of Habeas corpus can be suspended, as can the
privilege of a trial with a grand jury for National Guard members. (Habeas
corpus is the part of the constitution that says you cannot be detained without
reason or a trial—and when it’s suspended, you could theoretically be held
indefinitely without either.) Abraham Lincoln is infamous for suspending it.
(NDAA & CISPA, NSA TOTAL SURVEILLANCE, DHS TAKE OVER OF MILITARY AND STATES,
ETC.)

The president’s message to Congress on Tuesday stated that “the terrorist
threat that led to the declaration on September 14th, 2001, of a national
emergency continues,” and informed them (and us) that he has extended the
emergency for that reason for another year. We’ll see what this means for the
election and general sense of well-being in this country as the year passes,
though our prediction is very little, and nothing good, respectively."

Read more: National State Of Emergency Continues, Nobody Panics · NYU Local
http://nyulocal.com/national/2012/09/19/national-state-of-emergency-continues-nobody-panics/#ixzz2qUCYskWa

AS IN ORWELL'S 1984, NEVER ENDING WAR IS THE OBJECTIVE