[cryptome] Re: Germany

  • From: Eugen Leitl <eugen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 20:58:39 +0200

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 01:08:09PM -0400, K.M. Wittig wrote:
> Germany isn't the only country that has been violated. There is and has
> been military personnel assigned to every country- globally.
> The US has crossed significant lines with other global leaders no matter
> how you look at it.
>
> US is an epic fail and needs to be held accountable.

We probably can all agree that the empire is failing (some would
even argue that the Pax Americana is not altogether a bad thing,
given potential alternatives) but the puppet strings are still
mostly unbroken, and perception management is mostly working.

As long as the sentiment doesn't translate into votes, things
will continue, until they can't. I believe there's a potential
for a privacy-minding platform >5%, though it yet remains
undeveloped (the German Pirates imploded spectacularly, but
largely by failing to play their great deck right). The question is
whether somebody of skill and ability will recognize the potential,
and seize the opportunity.

There's considerable economical and hence political turmoil ahead,
we can expect rapid changes, especially where demographics is
favorable (youth bulge). So I don't think we're entirely screwed,
at least not yet.