[cryptome] Future Developments in Digitalised Cars

  • From: "douglas rankine" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "douglasrankine" for DMARC)
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 10:23:27 +0100

see url: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/03/27/keep_out_how_ford_is_keeping_silicon_valley_out_of_autonomous_vehicles/

Interesting article on the future development of the motor car. Cars of the future will be like computerised tractors, full of gizmos on subscription, from online software command and control, to digitainment, just like electricity and gas meters, will know everything you are doing, how fast you are going, when you stopped and started, where you are, when and how, what you bought on your debit and credit card, and all be controlled from the cloud. Very good for maintenance, very good for profits, very good for surveillance...

I think I'll put a Raspberry Pie into me Morris Minor...and live the life of Reilly getting automatically driven around the Scottish countryside, independent, without a care in the world, on sunny days, free of the surveillance of the NSA, GCHQ and all those proprietary apps and online subscriptions from the multi-global corporations who want to soak up me pension and avoid me having a pint and a meal in an English Country pub because I have already spent it.

Ah!  Wot dreams are made of...:-)