[cryptome] Re: Feeling Miserable?

  • From: Neal Lamb <nl1816a@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 21:35:14 -0700

If that were ever shown to happen where one of those phone batteries over heats
and blows up,
say to a normal passenger on an airline flight, the FAA might have to ban them.
But then again they
must be safe since the FAA has certified their use in the new Boieng
Dreamliner(787). I don't think

any have caught fire in the last 6 months.

On Monday, June 30, 2014 10:33 PM, Aftermath <aftermath.thegreat@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

do you have a link to that ted talk? sounds more like an onion article

On Monday, June 30, 2014, Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

OH ad the latest offering from TED talks was ..erm interesting..apparently some
guy was spouting on about how it is possible through careful analysis of binary
data to pinpoint a terrorists cell phone and cause it to overheat and explode
in his( or her )hand before they have completed the task of remotely detonating
a bomb.
>three cheers for cyber!!
>

>On 30/06/2014 21:16, doug wrote:
>
>see url: http://cryptome.org/2014/06/facebook-news-feed-report.pdf
>>
>>Apparently, one can affect the mood of those around one...put a
      miserable post on cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and everyone will start to feel
miserable, put a happy post on cryptome and everyone will be rooting for one.
This is apparently a sub-conscious activity unknown to the conscious mind.

>>I was so happy that Obamacare got on the statute  book that I had
      a heart attack from overexcitment...They sent me to England to get
      free treatment, only for me to find that I had to wait 3 weeks to
      see a doctor under the N.H.S.  One can get an allowance from the
      state towards internment.  Doesn't that make you feel just
      wonderful...

>>Thank goodness I never got round to joining Facebook, or Twitter
      or all those other social networks.  I have friends who discuss
      their most intimate affairs and have the most wonderful disputes
      on them. In the good old days of course one had them face to face,
      either in public on the street, or in private, and they soon died
      down and were lost forever.  Nowadays they last for ever on the
      internet.  In the good old days, Oscar Wilde and Ruskin and
      Whistler, and other such novelists and painters used to write
      books which contested the philosophies and lifestyles of others,
      and it was entertaining for those who chose to read them,
      particularly when they ended up suing one another for being
      charlatans.

>>Nowadays, I see too that we have a direct line to the NSA and GCHQ
      according to a report on Cryptome...which at the moment I can't
      find the url for, but here is another one:

>>http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/12/confusion-alleged-gchq-nsa-backdoor-bt-fttc-modems.html.
>>

>> The back door is literally through ones router, a secret channel
      and a special hack built in allows the world's security and
      intelligence organisations access to ones most intimate secrets,
      and can be used to plant a profile, or as the spies say, a legend
      on ones computer andturn ones  "internet of things"  into robots
      which bend to their will, which can then be used to further their
      purposes in making the world a safer place for our citizenry.  If
      this report is true, we are indeed past the stage of being able to
      do anything about it.  Any of you guys got any ideas on what can
      be done, or whether this contratemps is true?

>>Isn't it nice that all one's worldly secrets and most private
      information is available to the NSA, GCHQ and anyone else who
      cares to meet one up the middle?