[cryptome] Farook Backup: Password Screwup

  • From: douglas rankine <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 20:45:17 +0000

see url: https://twitter.com/cfarivar/status/701430905076731906

Even if the FBI did screw up...or Farooks Employer screwed up...or they both screwed up...It wouldn't have made a lot of difference regarding what is at present on Farooks phone. The back up was done on October 19th whereas the crime was committed one and a half months later. In that time, up until the time of the crime, the phone had NOT been backed up...according to the affadavit from the FBI. From looking at the affadavit, the FBI is saying that they agreed to trying to change the password to see if they could get access to the back up, and the phone. It didn't work, so that makes the FBI stupid because they should have known. Does this mean that if the FBI/Farooks employer hadn't changed the password that there would have been an automatic backup made?

Remember, according to the FBI, it is Apple software, it is copyright and the FBI is not allowed under US Law to breach that copyright. Any experts out there on Apples end-to-end encryption software, who isn't bound by Apple's copyright and non-disclosure agreements? Perhaps they could enlighten us.

Whom do I believe? I'll reserve my judgement until the facts come out!...:-) . Coward that I am...