[cryptome] Facebook and the BBC Allegations of Refusal to Remove Child Sexual Images

  • From: "douglas rankine" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "douglasrankine" for DMARC)
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 22:57:19 +0000

see url: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/03/07/facebook_bbc_child_abuse_images_police_report/

Apparently, Facebook asked for copies of photos which were published on Facebook of which the BBC was alleging child abuse and which Facebook refused to remove because they considered them to be OK. BBC sent them the copies of said images, as requested by Facebook so that they could look at them. Facebook then promptly sent them to the UK police Child Abuse section, accusing the BBC of sending Child abuse photos.

If the photos were of child sex abuse, and I have no way of knowing, then surely Facebook must be guilty of showing illegal photos of Child Sex Abuse, because they published the allegedly illegal photos in the first place. Apparently, Facebook sees it as the BBC being guilty of publishing illegal files, whilst their publishing of them is perfectly legal....! It is considered to be some sort of ruse to get the BBC to back off...Pretty stoopid in my view...

funny ole world...