[cryptome] Re: Edwards v Snowden: Citizen Four

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 15:35:33 +0000

I could not agree more and the government are even tying to claim thy
have "been more open about such matters" since the snowden revelations,
when all they have really done is regurgitated what is already out there
with a few little twists to make it appear that they have been more
forthcoming. the usual spin, trying to deflect people from questioning
their motives, trouble is so many people just read what "the government"
puts out nods wisely and think "oh , must be true then cus the gov'ment
says so", mustn't question government must we. ohhh that would never do,
we might be called dissidents or sommut.
I shall definitely peruse that case material more deeply though Doug.

ATB

Shaun
On 12/02/2015 14:19, doug wrote:
> Hi Shaun,
> If you look at the  stuff from Clapper, since he took over as the
> Director of the CIA.  He is in denial about the torture, and almost
> everything else, just as much of the rest of the US ruling elites
> are.  (Obama says. "We tortured some people" and that is the end of
> it, no prosecutions, no holding to account...nuffink).   It's a bit
> like the holocaust denial merchants.  They are still arguing that it
> never really happened.  This case is about burying all of the Snowden
> era of revelations, making it difficult for future whistleblowers; but
> at the same time it is opening it all up.  The higher up the case
> goes, the more publicity, and the more people and organisations will
> be associated with it, or opposed to it.  Might just reach its apex at
> the time of the next US Presidential election.
>
> It is part of the political reaction to all those secret jewels being
> put on public display. Now, I am sure that Edwards doesn't really want
> that, but it is his choice after all.  That is why the case is
> important...Will he achieve his aims of suppression? I doubt it, but
> at least he is keeping the can of worms open, and the winning might
> come at great cost.  We never get any of this sort of thing in the
> UK.  The ruling elites have got the secrecy angle all well battened
> down, and the likes of Black Friday is much more interesting for the
> masses of people.  We now have an election period which covers 5
> months instead of 3 weeks and it is all pretty repetitive and boring,
> yet have we heard a word about democratic rights and liberty?  No, but
> we have heard plenty of stuff about getting out of the European Court
> of Human Rights etc.
> ATB
> Dougie.
>
> On 12/02/15 13:37, Shaun O'Connor wrote:
>> A bit late for that!! The horse has already bolted from the stable!!!
>> and as for them seeking reparation for damage to "national security"
>> well if they are  prepared to play with dirt they should expect to
>> get dirt on their hands.
>> Why on earth should they ask the courts to clean their dirty linen
>> for them AND expect the film makers to pay for the privilege.?
>> Rhetorical question of course but they are in my opinion arrogant
>> pigs to a fault.
>>
>> ATB
>> Shaun
>> On 12/02/2015 12:31, doug wrote:
>>> Just to let you know....The Edwards court case is about getting the
>>> film banned and those who made it put in jail and the companies they
>>> work for shut down and made to pay reparations to the American state
>>> because they have damaged US national security and the whole fabric
>>> of American society for exposing all those nasty tricks and bits of
>>> tradecraft which are carried out in the name of diplomacy and
>>> foreign policy, by the democratic employees and leadership of that
>>> state.
>>> ATB