[cryptome] Edwards v Citizen 4: Release of DVD

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 20:06:27 +0000

http://cryptome.org/2015/02/edwards-citizenfour-dvd.pdf

Hi John,
Nuffink comes for free in this world. I didn't think that the law of copyright would allow free distribution of the DVD on request...And I don't think that the court would like to become purveyors of commodities in the market place. Can you imagine the 9th District setting up shop and becoming an international conglomerate? Mind you...the way things are going...I can...:-) . Naw, they would privatise it...

You can get a free copy of the transcript by downloading the court documents...but no pictures and no sound. Why is that, I wonder? Which law, regulation or common law judgement covers this particular piece of law? It would be interesting to find out...Perhaps the court clerk could point your nose in the right direction...:-)

I dare say that the prohibition would be contained in one of the copyright acts or international agreements...US law and UK law follows a legal maxim which says you can do anything you like, provided it isn't prohibited. Kelson and legal positivism.
A nice bit of research for someone....:-)