[cryptome] Droning Along

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 12:24:44 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

Do you know how many terrorist attacks there has been since Charlie Hebdo? All those illegal terrorist attacks on our society have been well publicised in the media, repeated in graphic detail. Police and the military turning up in armed response units to arrest and capture alleged and personal terrorists, 19 year old nutters and so on. Very important news of course...and, I am sure, helps us all to feel more safe, especally at election time, when our political leaders feel more vulnerable...

And yet...how many drone attacks have been carried out by various democratic nation states? How much property has been damaged, how many people have died, or been maimed in these attacks since Charlie Hebdo? How many terrorists have been killed, why haven't they been named? Why hasn't it all been publicised, to show that our nation states are after all, carrying out their duty, conducting legal attacks against those very terrorist organisations which organised the illegal attacks on our socieities.

Very strange don't you think...that illegal attacks get lots of publicity but legal attacks get none at all, no casualty figures, no property damage reports. No blame for mistakes being made...nuffink.

It is called accountability, transparency, folks. It isn't a crime against human rights, nor is it a crime against humanity...why not...because they don't happen of course...:-).