[cryptome] Diane Roark V NSA: Interview

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 11:21:21 +0000

VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH DIANA ROARK
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/government-elections-politics/united-states-of-secrets/the-frontline-interview-diane-roark/#seg16
or tiny url: http://tinyurl.com/moldjbo

There is also a transcript underneath the video, just to make sure that her spoken word is clear...

Dear Colleagues,
After doing some research over the weekend, I discovered the following interview with Diane Roach on her relationships with the Intelligence services. Apparently she was an NSA staffer working with the House Intelligence Services for many years. She is married and has children.

Actually she reminds me very much of my mother...one of the old school...tough love in bringing up children...and with a strong sense of right and wrong. Once she has made up her mind that something is wrong, there is no going back, the stoicism of a stoic. And the Intelligence, Security Services and Law Enforcement have tried almost everything to try and shut her up, once they found out that they couldn't convince her of the "errors" of her ways.

It is a long interview, almost an hour, but one that I thought most interesting, in lots of different ways, particularly the insight she gave to her relationships with the bureaucrats and politicians. She wasn't high enough up in the hierarchy to reach the top, but high enough to invite their wrath, from the judiciary as well. The interview covers her situation far more adequately than I ever could...and I want to move on to other things.

One can see from her demeanour that she has been through many and long term traumatic experiences. What she thought was going to be a happy and relaxed retirement, pleasurably learning new things, turned out to be a very painful experience, still learning new things, but not quite in the way she would like to have done.

From the interview one can see that the "wild things" have taken over the NSA, those who don't care a hoot about civil liberties, but more about covering their backs and earning money. 9/11 allowed those backward forces in the US to gain the upperhand in the name of security and by playing on the fears of their fellow Americans...skull & bones and all that stuff. How she has withstood the pressure, and for such a long time, over 10 years, is quite amazing and a real compliment to her personna. It will be interesting to see how her campaign for justice an get the return of her computer and emails will fair with the latest judicial application.

It is not over yet, by any means, the Snowden enlightenment has helped, but there are powerful forces at work, to take the citizens of the United States, down a path which they might not want to travel...but there you are...c'est la vie!!!... :-).
Enjoy.