[cryptome] Re: Death of Marlowe

  • From: Neal Lamb <nl1816a@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 09:50:42 -0700

http://www.cliveruggles.net/

On Thursday, July 3, 2014 11:35 AM, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Neal,

I have heard of the graves of Ur.  Have you ever been to the
      British Museum?  I went a couple of times, my wife and children
      came with me.  We went to see the Rosetta Stone and, on the second
      occasion, the Elgin Marbles.  It is a very big place and there is
      no way one could see all of it in a month of Sundays.

I was very lucky in that I was born and lived about 200 yards from
      Antonine's Wall, which was the furthest point the Romans
      penetrated into Scotland (apart from the occasional skirmish with
      the barbarians further north).  They established a base at
      Bonnybridge, and I took my wife and children there too, to visit.
      Central Scotland is very rich in ancient history, and I gained an
      interest in archaeology when I was very young.

 Of course the further back one goes in history, the more
      difficult it is to interpret what has occurred.   Only artefacts
      are left, as writing has only been around for a couple of thousand
      years. and many archeologists have vivid imaginations.  We went on
      a camping expedition round the North of Scotland many years ago,
      visiting the Highlands & Islands, and there we visited
      settlements where the Beaker Folk had lived.  Not much left but
      circular pebble stoned buildings without roofs and very little is
      known about them, though they are thought to have come from
      Iceland or Greenland.  There are lots of stone henges in Scotland
      though and we were surprised to find so many.  I thought that
      there was only one Stonehenge, here in England, but there are lots
      of them, all over the place.

On 03/07/14 15:11, Neal Lamb wrote:

http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/highlights/articles/r/the_royal_graves_of_ur.aspx

>On Thursday, July 3, 2014 5:17 AM, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>Neal,
>
>Oh!  My apologies, I didn't realise that you go
                      back that far, that is amazing...how far back have
                      you been.