[cryptome] Re: Cryptome is Back: BBC Monitoring Service.

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 22:54:19 +0100

Read the fourth protocol not  long after it was unleashed upon the
masses. Interestingly another good book by the same author which
demonstrated a weakness of passports at the time  of publication is a
cracking read, "day of the Jackal" I think it was called. Forsyth even
tried to alert the British government of the weakness but apparently his
pleas where not taken seriously for many years to come.
now polonium if I am not mistaken is inert on its own but paired with
another ingredient(the name of which I am uncertain ) can cause a highly
explosive combination, apparently it was used in the  story(the  fourth
protocol ) as an ingredient for the construction of a nuclear bomb small
enough to fit into a suitcase.
On 30/06/2014 22:33, doug wrote:
> [...]
>>> in a positive way, i.e. Dunkirk...of how the war was coming along,
>>> and how to make spam, an American food import, which is rather
>>> ubiquitous today.  It used music from Beethoven's 5th Symphony for
>>> instance, one of his dreariest in my view...I can never remember the
>>> meaning of the words, though da da di da, I think it was in Morse
>>> Code and Chanson d'autoumne was used by Radio Londres as the French
>>> called it, for briefing la Resistance.  This use made by the
>>> government of the BBC facilities is, of course to be expected...if
>>> not welcome...in wartime.
>>> see url: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Londres
>>> for an intro to the subject.  And it shows the close links which
>>> there are between government and a nation's communication systems.
>>> When married to the London Clubs of the time, that little phrase,
>>> "It just won't do, old chap" was very effective in the world of
>>> censoring words or actions.
>>>
>>> Of course no one can broadcast television or radio, even amateurs,
>>> in our society without having some kind of licence or being
>>> registered...that is not just about keeping tabs on people or
>>> organisations, or censoring content, but necessary for helping to
>>> ensure that electrical interference doesn't stop people from
>>> watching the BBC...;-) .  This is of course, called dual or
>>> multi-purpose use, like exporting munitions from the United States,
>>> once even included cryptographic software.  Nowadays it is allowed,
>>> if only because governments export so much of it.  Of course such
>>> attempts are never absolute, as there are many local radio stations
>>> which operate around the country, illegally, providing copyrighted
>>> material for free to our young people, great nashings of teeth of
>>> the copyright industry.
>>>
>>>   Much as in the same way the UK's first nuclear plant for power
>>> generation at Sellafield which was opened by our Queen in a much
>>> vaunted publicity stunt in the 1950's actually had the dual purpose
>>> of providing plutonium for our nuclear bomb making industry.  How I,
>>> as a child, marvelled at the idea at the time, almost free and
>>> unlimited power for the nation. I first read about it in the
>>> National Geographic magazine, whilst I was at the dentist with
>>> toothache.  I become so absorbed in it, that it removed the pain.
>>> What would we do without Sellafield today...all those nuclear fish
>>> and large storage tanks leaking chemicals into the soil and Irish
>>> sea.  Millions has been spent on trying to clean it up, and they
>>> can't agree on where to store it.  Still, we have renamed the
>>> place...that should help solve the problem.
>>>
>>> I have a funny feeling that those words, democracy, independence and
>>> impartiality have all sorts of meaning to all sorts of people and
>>> organisations and depend so much on context too, that they are
>>> meaningless, certainly to me.  It's a bit like science being
>>> objective really, when I think science has much more to do with faith...

>>> Dougie.