[cryptome] Re: Cryptome: Enigma Machine for Sale: $228,500

  • From: "Douglas Rankine" <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 10:31:42 +0100

Hi Andrew & Aftermath,

Tx for the links. Now I have something to keep me occupied when I get around
to retiring... J. I dunno if I am so keen on those software simulators
though...too easily cracked for my liking, and the programming allus puts me
head in a muddle. I can see that there is a market for it out there. All
those disillusioned people running away from encryption software and looking
for better alternatives...

Physically building ones own though... Ideal little project, not too costly
and like going back to school, little bit of metalwork, bit of woodwork, bit of
electronic wiring, simple software...couldn’t’ t ask for more as a computer
illiterate, better than the old crystal sets. Are you sure that it is
approved by the NSA and GCHQ though? I mean, if I was to let me missus loose on
it and she had her bank and id compromised, I would really be in deep shit.

I can see that the CIA would find it plausible, though they would probably deny
it!... J.