[cryptome] Cryptome: Enigma Machine for Sale: $228,500

  • From: "Douglas Rankine" <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 18:41:04 +0100

Dear Colleagues,

See url: http://cryptome.org/

At url:
http://www.rauantiques.com/item/german-enigma-encryption-machine-nbsp-model-
k-nbsp-.30-3431.html

I saw this for sale up at cryptome today. At $228,500 I would want it
guaranteed to pass global NSA/GCHQ/CIA security testing standards, as me
missus wants to use it for enciphering her banking transactions. Does any
of you security bods out there know if it meets those standards...and can it
be put in as an add on to Firefox or TOR via my laptop, and if there is a
micro-version.

P.S. Does anyone know if there is a DIY job which I can build meself and is
a lot cheaper?