[cryptome] Cost and Responsibility for Snowden's Breaches

  • From: John Young <jya@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 08:21:31 -0400

<http://t.co/U9M96oV45K>http://cryptome.org/2013/10/snowden-cost.htm

Date: October 1, 2013 9:28:07 AM PDT
From: "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <shap[at]eros-os.org>
Subject: Cost and Responsibility for Snowden's Breaches

Excerpts:

"It becomes clear that the damage to *us* was far worse
than any cost to the terrorists. In fact, the damage is
proportional to your dependence on electronic infrastructure.

That's bad. Because it means that people inside our
government, at the direction of government officials,
sworn to protect and defend the constitution and the
country, actively conspired to undermine every
segment of the United States along with our key
allies. While the run-of-the-mill staff may not have
understood this, the more senior people at NSA
knew what they were doing. They were certainly
told by people on the outside often enough.

Frankly, I think some of them should hang. And I
mean that literally. These decisions by NSA weren't
made by extremist muslims. They were made by
people from Harvard, Yale, and Princeton (and
elsewhere) right here in America."