[cryptome] Re: Citizen 4 on UK TV Channel 4 at 11 p.m.

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 21:39:45 +0000

Hi Shaun,
I watched the film on Channel 4.  Things come free to those who wait:-) .

I am thinking about suing Edwards, of Edwards v Snowden, for misrepresentation. I didn't suffer from aches and pains, mental and physical anguish. I wasn't psychologically destroyed by the failure in US and UK national security. I have no immediate or long term fear of Al Quaeda creating another 9/11 (at least no more immediate than I have a fear of the world being destroyed by nuclear weapons). I don't see the terrorists rising up and using other methods of communication to overcome NSA or GCHQ surveillance. They may have gone all quiet and returned to the language of the W.O.M.B...who knows. Jihadi John continues his work, and I day say that his asshole is squeaking now that his true identity has been discovered. Osama Ben Laden comes to mind...

Of course, the terrorists might have been responsible for engineering the downfall of Sir Malcolm Rifkind, Chairman of the UK Intelligence and Security Committee, by paying Channel 4 to set him up in a sting operation, with a new job with a new Chinese company asking how much it would cost for him and the Straw man to approach Ambassadors and others of influence in the government, but I tend to think that it was more to do with their big ego. They should learn to work harder at their age, instead of lounging about earning a fortune at the taxpayers expense and travelling the world on public expense accounts.

In fact, quite the opposite from Mr. Edwards, I quite enjoyed the film, it put everything together for me. I have seen better, but at least it didn't cost too much to make. I particularly liked the keeping of mobile phones in the fridge...or was it the microwave? The wearing of the blanket by Snowden to prevent surreptitious intrusion on his air-gapped computer by the powers that be was either a master stroke or streak of paranoi, (didn't I read an article somewhere, by some well respected security consultant whose air-gapped computer somehow, even after being swiped and forensically cleaned and a new, clean operating system installed, still finished up with a compromised operating system?) and lying of the NSA and CIA Directors at the house committees after swearing the oaths of telling the truth. I dare say that their lying was completely unwitting of course...they never ever lie on purpose. No means no...doesn't it...:-) . The NSA and the other intelligence and security services do NOT collect US citizens data, content and metadata on purpose.

On 25/02/15 22:16, Shaun O'Connor wrote:
already have the3 movie.;-)
On 25/02/2015 20:51, doug wrote:
Citizen 4 on UK TV Channel 4 at 11 p.m.
For your information...