[cryptome] Re: Capturing the Internet of Things: Vee hav Vays ov Listening Wivout You Hearing: Silver Push

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 13:28:15 +0000

I agree with that point entirely, interesting that the company(or is it companies) involved.appear to be quite tight lipped regarding what application have the embedded technology which suggests( at least to my mind ) some rather unsavoury shenanigans are gong on that have nuffin to do wit marketing.

ATB
Shaun

On 21/01/2016 12:13, douglas rankine wrote:

Hi Shaun,
Might work, but then a sound signal could be intertwined with others into the web site, in a form of steganography. The technology is still advancing. The inventiveness of the human mind is only limited by the imagination, and the imagination is infinite...or as long as ye shall live...and be compos mentis. It seems at times, that human beings are turning into money-making machines without a concern or thought for their own survival, far less anyone elses.

On 21/01/2016 01:13, Shaun O'Connor wrote:

Its not the first time I have seen reports of this technology. maybe band limiting the speakers and microphones of devices might help scupper this practice
On 20/01/2016 19:47, douglas rankine wrote:
see url:http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/11/beware-of-ads-that-use-inaudible-sound-to-link-your-phone-tv-tablet-and-pc/

from Bruce Schnier's blog.

Using the internet to connect up all of your devices.