[cryptome] CIA Torture Report. A Load of Crap

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 10:54:02 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

So says Rumsfield...and he should know. Actually I agree with him...The torture report is a load of crap, some good and some bad. It has been carefully censored, lots of redactions, and carefully tailored as an aid to the Democrats winnng the coming Presidential election, under the pretext of protecting national security: and revealing that the US, unlike other countries admits its mistakes, and learns from them.

Be that as it may, like the POTUS I only wish his ambitions were true, but I am a very naive type of person. I would like to know if Mr. Rumsfield would be agreeable to all the bits what are missing to be published, and what bits he thinks are crap. A statement on the benefits of the programme would be helpful too, with of course verifiable, objective evidence that these accomplishments were gathered through torture. It is of course, highly unlikely he will do this, after all it is better to keep the known unknowns...unknown, as it might lead on to the unknown unknowns...becoming known.

Interestingly enough, he also says that President Bush knew all about it. No plausible denial plea here then...unless of course Mr. Bush can't remember.

The third thing he says, is that no one knows the problem they were up against, and those who criticise are being naive. I agree but why did the programme go on until 2006, long after 9/11? And...is the observation that one does not know what one is up against, a justification for carrying out torture and unlawful detention?

I am beginning to think that these guys believe too much the stories which come out of the Hollywood Fantasy Factory. They come across as a bunch of Godfathers practising their trade.

Another CIA director, intimates that the enhanced interrogation techniques were not torture, and attempts to justify this by saying that having ones finger and toenails forcibly removed is far worse, than being waterboarded 187 times. Interesting concept. Perhaps he should do a comparative study and get a degree in it.
P.S. I wonder what would have happened to the programme if the Republicans had won the election? Not that I am against the Republicans by any means. They are all a bunch of charlatans, from what I can see.