[cryptome] Re: Buying a A New Laptop?

  • From: "shelley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <shelley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 12:14:02 -0700

If WS Burroughs were a cpunk...

Maybe we should collect JY's wonderful mind dumps and publish a chapbook for him, as a fundraiser for Cryptome.

----------
On March 15, 2015 8:06:24 AM John Young <jya@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Cybersecurity warnings recall days of nuclear armageddon when
backyard shelters were the fashion. Which recalled medieval warnings
of 4 horsemen which drove fearful into slaving on cathedrals. Which
recalled ancient shamans of diverse terrors to building armies of
death and destruction to sit in camps roaring drunk and bonding
with mates until Samson demolished the temples. Which foretold
what now emanates from Joan d'Arc Manning and Knight Templar
Snowden and their legions of Machiavellis and court suppliers the
dire whisperings of electromagnetic imaginations infecting our
personal biblical gadgets. Just when we had come to forgive the
Guilty Inventors of the A-Bomb, along comes malware procreating
in the rampant imaginations of cybersecurity shamans declaring
war for the Internet, their marketing strategy to get inside our
defenses by the usual means of attacking us and blaming others.
We buy that familiar indoctrination, a perdurable intoxication.