[cryptome] Re: Brexit v Bremain: EU Referendum 2016

  • From: "douglas rankine" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "douglasrankine2001" for DMARC)
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 10:24:05 +0100

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY, when the fireworks of history may go off with big bang...or splutter along the European coast like a damp squib. Brexit and Bremain are running neck and neck, but the problem is for the pollsters, the predictors and the politicians and the businesses and the large corporations and the financiers and the bankers, that the result is too close to call...because there are still around 9 to 13% who may vote, who haven't made up their minds. And it is by no means a certainty that the Bremains will win. There is no doubt in my mind that the murder of Jo Ross, who was only going about her daily business as an M.P. by a nutter, who picked up some twisted fascist views and attitudes along the way, will have an effect in favour of Bremain, even if it is only an "el nino" one. She was a supporter of Bremain, as well as a supporter of a number of charities one in Syria. She once worked for Neil Kinnock, one time leader of the Labour Party and now a retired Vice President of the EU. Her murder shocked the establishment, in particular the M.P.s and caused the suspension of the campaign for a couple of days whilst the nation paid its respects. It has been said that it was the virulence of the campaign which led to her death and there were calls to calm down the tone of the debate amongst the protagonists.

The markets and the pound are reflecting the uncertainty of the vote. The Prime Minister was on the radio this morning...all the changes that are going to take place in the EU...if only we will remain. "Let's take Control" says the Brexits. There was a brilliant debate on BBC last night, for two hours two teams made up of 3 people, hammered away at the subject, in front of an audience of 6000 at Wembley stadium. The themes were "fear" by Bremain, and "hope" by Brexit. I never got an invite, either to be in the audience, or to speak...I can't think why...perhaps it was because the whole thing was carefully contrived. "Normal" plebs like us are considered to be extremists...I think. A battle royal mainly between different factions of the Conservative Party. The Prime Minister wasn't there, neither was the Leader of the Opposition, neither was Nigel Farage the leader of UKIP. I think the BBC calls it "keeping the balance right" as per its constitution...good old BBC.

Three subjects were discussed, The effects on the UK and world economy by staying or leaving. The effects of immigration and whether it is too much or too little, or can be controlled, by those who Bremain, or those who Brexit...and last of all, How the UK will develop in the future whether in or out.

My own view...for what it is worth. I have decided to vote Brexit, though I still haven't quite made up my mind whether I will vote. I will decide that tomorrow at the ballot box. Why will I vote Brexit? Stupid reasons really, nothing to do with immigration, we need more immigrants in my view, the UK population is getting older and not replacing itself. Immigrants are younger and help increase the birth rate, and we need people to work and produce, distribute and market our wares, so that we can look after the vulnerable. The economic argument? Well, we have only been a member of the EU for around 40 years, for the rest of our history, we got on very well without it, and we still can. I don't like the idea of a European Super State, with a bunch of unelected bureaucrats getting paid lots of spondoolix just to sit on their butts and pontificate on what I can or cannot do. The future...? Well, although there is a market of 500 million in Europe, there is a market of 5.5 billion, at least, in the rest of the world...why don't we just trade with all of them...as we do now...of course.

The ramifications for the rest of Europe and the world are not to be sneezed at either. After all, the UK is the worlds 5th biggest economy. Here's to all those deisel cars polluting our environment for 315 days a year, because neither the UK nor the EU can put through any form of regulation in the motor industry...to prevent it...Better out than in...why...it is cheaper...and more efficient...;-).

This paper is copyright, is made up of unbiassed fact and objective opinion and full of high quality bovine scatology...and is to be treated as such by all my readers...otherwise, I will sue in the courts of human kindness.

On 15/06/2016 19:28, douglas rankine (Redacted sender douglasrankine2001 for DMARC) wrote:

see url: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0pwXLtvt2w

see url: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36537180

Dear Colleagues,

Enjoy the video, very funny I thought...and very poignant...

The shit hit the fan here in the UK today. The frighteners are being put on. The Chancellor came out of bed this morning with drawn six guns, rockets, mortars and drones, targeted at the opposition and anyone who votes leave....frightened the life out of me he did. The politicians, banks, businesses and all sorts of think tanks, foreign governments, Presidents, EU leaders and Uncle Tom Cobbley an' all, are getting desperate. Why? The polls ain't looking too good, a lot of people want to get out of the EU, for all sorts of reasons, they have had enough, immigration, Turkey, economic reasons, power reasons, political skulduggery. Farage had a barrage in the Thames today he hired a tourist ferry and had a sea battle with the "In" crowd, led by Sir Bog Geldoff, the Hairy guru of the pop industry and a Loyal Irishman to the Queen. And the experts...oh! the experts.

The Chancellor says, if the people vote to leave, then he will chop £30,billion pounds off in an emergency budget. No more pension increases, even worse NHS and more holes in the roads, less houses, less money for the disabled and housing....Why? Because all the big businesses will shut down in the UK and all the financiers and the bankers will go to the EU and tax havens elsewhere...

Of course, if the UK does vote to come out, the Chancellor won't be chancellor any more, there will be an election, because there is just no way that 50 members of the Conservative Party and all of the Labour M.P.s will vote for an emergency budget of cuts of £30 billion. If we leave, why can't we have quantitative easing, I ask meself...instead of spending it on the banks and financiers and speculators, we could spent it on the NHS, the roads, the infrastructure, Hoover Dams, and be much better off. With restrictions removed, we could trade more freely with the rest of the world.

We will have poorer security apparently, Russia, which has said and done nuffink so far, is to blame, because they want us out. Obama is very concerned about it, wants an extra 2% on our defence budget in NATO, as the US is getting tired of subsidising western freedom and can't afford it so much any more. Trump wants us out.

Apparently everything is wonderful in the UK since we joined the Common Market, more jobs, more money, better standard of living. If we had been outside, all that time we would have been the poorest country in all Christendom.

Will the British citizens fall for all this guff? Will they believe politicians who have been for leaving since we first joined? Will the British people be all frightened, no longer be Churchillian Bulldogs? Of course they will, they will vote with their feet and vote to remain...:-).