[cryptome] Re: Bitcon Security: Hardware Wallet

  • From: Aftermath <aftermath.thegreat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 09:47:08 -0800

I did not look at the URL. If I had noticed that it was made by BFL i'd
recommend staying away.... but I cant say enough good things about armory
tho.

The armory project founder and lead dev Alan Reiner is a very good man. I
have spoken with him and he is very very competent in what he does.

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 2:13 AM, Douglas Rankine <
douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One learns sumfink new every day...:-).
>

> I also found this software for a Bitcoin wallet which is open source
>
> See url: https://bitcoinarmory.com/download/
>
> And url: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armory_%28software%29    (which
sounds more like advertising blurb)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56424.0

> I like the use of Raspberry Pi...(I was thinking about buying one of
those to play around with) And for those with sufficient expertise you can
buy the Pi and install the open source yourself.

> See url:  https://bitcoinarmory.com/faq/
>

> It seems to me that it would be a very good system for banks, especially
if the ssl and credential systems are breaking down...and UK banks
guarantee accounts up to £80,000 in case of the bank going bust.  A number
of banks and financial institutions are looking at it and some have started
using it.   Of course, that will take away the anonymity of the owner of
the Bitcoins as financial institutions have money laundering safeguards and
records have to be kept for the authorities.   Whether it will keep out the
NSA, I doubt, but at least it should force law enforcement agencies to
abide by the little law we have got which helps to protect privacy. Bit
coin could be one small step for a man towards preventing mass surveillance
by the state, and one giant leap for the privacy of mankind...:-).

On Behalf Of Nico Mee
> Sent: 07 March 2015 01:23
> To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [cryptome] Re: Bitcon Security: Hardware Wallet
>

> In fact there is, they have a garbage reputation among btc enthusiasts
for what swindling huge amounts of money and never delivering promised
products.

> Sent from my Mobile
>
> On Mar 6, 2015 5:18 PM, "Redmond" <darkredptc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Id be skeptical. Butterfly labs was proved to have used the ASIC chips
they made before selling them. So they sold used goods marked new and as a
result I think there is infact legal action against them.

http://www.coindesk.com/trezor-shield-turns-raspberry-pis-into-bitcoin-wallets/