[cryptome] Re: Bitcon Security: Hardware Wallet

  • From: "Douglas Rankine" <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 10:13:20 -0000

One learns sumfink new every day...:-).

I also found this software for a Bitcoin wallet which is open source

See url: https://bitcoinarmory.com/download/

And url: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armory_%28software%29    (which sounds
more like advertising blurb)

And url: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Armory

Github, see url: https://github.com/etotheipi/BitcoinArmory

A forum for those who are interested, see url:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=56424.0

I like the use of Raspberry Pi...(I was thinking about buying one of those to
play around with) And for those with sufficient expertise you can buy the Pi
and install the open source yourself.

See url:  https://bitcoinarmory.com/faq/

It seems to me that it would be a very good system for banks, especially if the
ssl and credential systems are breaking down...and UK banks guarantee accounts
up to £80,000 in case of the bank going bust.  A number of banks and financial
institutions are looking at it and some have started using it.   Of course,
that will take away the anonymity of the owner of the Bitcoins as financial
institutions have money laundering safeguards and records have to be kept for
the authorities.   Whether it will keep out the NSA, I doubt, but at least it
should force law enforcement agencies to abide by the little law we have got
which helps to protect privacy. Bit coin could be one small step for a man
towards preventing mass surveillance by the state, and one giant leap for the
privacy of mankind...:-).