[cryptome] ANC: Operation Vula

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 21:18:13 +0100

http://www.anc.org.za/show.php?id=4693

This is an even better link, it contains the whole series of 6 articles. Again, I am surprised that there is no comment on this one. After all, the ANC developed better security practices in its communications system than the major security services have got today...and they were mostly a bunch of amateurs, and the technology was crap. A real lesson in security practices I thought, and how NOT to do it, until they got it right. Even today's liberation/revolutionary/terrorist movements don' t have as good communications as the ANC did up till the time they took power. Different era of course, but nevertheless, the valuable lessons they learnt are a standard for todays security industry in my view.