[cryptome] Re: 2nd closure - provider of encrypted emails

  • From: In Harms Way <11414150173@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 02:05:37 +0300

The line of argumentation by the Silent Mail folks is known (though
disputed:. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL5rItvoMfw )
But Lavabit didn't shut down under this "excuse". Lavabit and others
must believe and have proof that it is still or again possible to
safeguard and guarantee total e-mail security and anonymity, if the
heavy-handed oppression of the powers-that-be can't get physical or
legal domination - as Barack Hussein's Regime dares to execute and
demand for all future - otherwise new operations like
https://startmail.com would not be in full swing and embassies would
have already been forced by their governments to likewise stop using
e-mail, if it would be true what SilentCircle so blatantly and bluntly
stated by their sentence: "Email as we know it with SMTP, POP3, and IMAP
cannot be secure."