I have released a second release candidate for 2.3.0.
There has been a few fixes dealing with the new sandboxing library and
the I/O rewrite. Nothing too groundbreaking, but the release should be
much more stable.
As always, testing and feedback are appreciated before the full release.
Changes since 2.3.0-rc1:
* Fix: --crash works again.
* Fix: Unknown options no longer crash the runner.
* Fix: --no-early-exit no longer fallthrough to --use-ascii.
* Fix: Create unix domain sockets in /tmp rather than the current
directory (Steffen "stv0g" Vogel).
* Fix: Fixed a data race in the I/O layer. Tests on windows can be
parallelized again, and threads now work inside test functions.
* Fix: The runner now correctly handles EINTR in the I/O layer.
Profiling the tests works again.
* Fix: The runner no longer hangs when the address space is tiny
* Fix: The runner no longer crashes on systems (like FreeBSD) where
elf symbol offsets for the current module are in fact addresses
* Fix: Gmon files are now created with a unique name per test
* Addition: added German translation files (Matthias "ailu" Günzel).
* Addition: added a pkg-config file.
* Addition: allow tests to be skipped with cr_skip_test() (Matthias
* Addition: assertions on wide-strings are now available (Kevin
* Addition: crash-mode with --crash to raise a trap when an assertion
fails for debugging purposes (Matthias "ailu" Günzel).
* Addition: debugging mode with --debug.
* Addition: global test timeout with --timeout.
* Addition: header files in the public API now have doxygen
documentation (Matthias "ailu" Günzel).
* Addition: test filtering now works on windows.
* Addition: user logging API with cr_log, cr_log_info, cr_log_warning,
* Breaking: dropped support for MinGW, use MinGW-w64.
* Breaking: dropped support for Windows XP, use Windows 7 and later.
* Breaking: log_pre_init and log_pre_test in the internal logger API
now takes an additional parameter.
* Breaking: the SOVERSION now follows the SONAME major independently
of the project version.
* Change: --pattern has been renamed to --filter.
* Change: removed dependency on PCRE for filtering (Matthias "ailu" Günzel).
* Change: sections of all loaded shared modules are now inspected for
tests and hooks.
* Change: setting .exit_code = 0 now enforces the exit code of the test to be 0.
* Change: string assertions now print the contents of string
* Change: xml reports now includes elapsed times ("kaidowei").
* Deprecation: --no-early-exit is now a no-op and should no longer be used.
* Deprecation: internal logging API is no longer public, fallbacks to
the new logging API.
* Fix: fail-fast now works correctly.
* Fix: fixed FindCriterion.cmake with the correct package name (László
* Fix: position-independent executables now work.
* Fix: string assertions no longer crash with a NULL parameter ("kaidowei").
* Fix: the data pipe no longer gets corrupted when running a large
quantity of assertions in parallel.
* Fix: using dmalloc on tests now works.
* Fix: using the GOLD linker rather than BFD now works.
* Fix: using the musl C library now works.
Franklin "Snaipe" Mathieu