[creation] salt. food for thjought

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <TraditionalCatholicsUnited@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 08:12:40 +1000

"Ye are the salt of the earth."
Is there a wealth of health in that statement?

gen2 7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into
his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. KJV

So that is perhaps the salt.  Yet even though I have always understood the word
"dust" as meant, I was surprised to read in my Douay Rhiems it put this way.

gen2 7  And the Lord God formed man of the slime of the earth, and breathed
into his

face the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

I am suspicious this might be an evolutionist corruption, because "slime" is
like "soup", their favorite base. And this is from a pre 1900 edition copy.
American though , so it may have had sneaky infiltrator in its printing room ..

Yet this wasn't what got me going. Anyone heard of Himalayan salt? These are
crystals of Himalayan Mountain Salt.  They are basically sea-salt that has been
trapped up in the mountains long before anyone can remember. Used as a complete
health supplement.

When did the sea get a chance of being trapped in the himalayan mountains? I
could make a good guess.

Philip.