[creation] more warnings.

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ags@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 14:37:30 +1000

Never was a truer word spoken about the modernist crisis. While we worry about
the creation of the world, perhaps we should give a thought for the end of it.
Though essentially for Catholics this does apply for the world at large. Where
you see Catholic, just substitute Christian. Philip.
"What is needed is not a different pope, but an essential change of mind, what
the Scriptures call metanoia. What good is a different pope, if the people
still serve false gods and justify the destruction of the Catholic Church's
Sacred Liturgy, Sacraments, doctrine, and morality? We can go the way of Sodom
and Gomorrah, or we can go the way of Nineve, change our minds, and become
Catholic again.
How quickly we forget! We heard the story of Nineve just two weeks ago, in the
traditional Prophecies read out on Holy Saturday. If you didn't attend the
Sacred Rites on that important day, refresh yourself by reading the third
chapter of the Book of Jonas in the Old Testament.

It is up to us, not a pope. And it is clear that most of us have not learned
the lesson yet. As the ancient Greeks pithily put it: pathos, mathos -- by
suffering one learns. To purge herself, Holy Mother Church needs a lot more
learning, thus perforce more suffering, just as gold is tested by the searing
flame. " A Catholic Priest.