[creation] creation@freelists.org

  • From: Eric Curnow <eric.curnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Creation Freelist <creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:24:14 -0800

Dear Neville,
I've been putting into the trash what has been sent to me since I asked
for my name to be removed from your mailing list, but on looking to see
if your personal email was confirming my removal or not, noticed that
you'd like me to reconsider. That is probably a wise thing to do -
thank you for the suggestion, so please do keep me added until I've had
an opportunity to reconsider properly.

I'm going away (DV) for a few days, so will take copies of what has
recently arrived and think and pray. However, generally-speaking I am
doubtful, as I basically hold to the traditional evangelical views of
hell, Catholicism, etc., and to the scripture "can two walk together
except they be agreed?" (Amos 3:3) I believe scripture says 'No.'

Like Philip, I have little time to joust with those who have no
intention of yielding their will to God, and hence His Word
(scripture). Through scripture I have encountered the reality of the
Lord Jesus, got to know and trust Him, and for me, now, He is the
ultimate reality from which everything else takes its meaning. Other
brothers called to dialogue with those who have not yet bowed the knee
to Him are welcome to engage in this interaction, and I praise God for
them and bless them, but there are loads of resources, individuals,
organisations and websites where this is already done adequately, and I
don't want to be involved in one myself. I had hoped that in this list,
some like-hearted/like-minded individuals would be searching their way
forward to coming to a common mind about Creation Science and
Geocentrism, and as it does not seem to be working out like that at
present, I suspect I don't really want involvement in it. But this may
change in the light of my reconsideration, I suppose.

Drawing to a close, I've decided to accompany this with the email 'Tone
and Accuracy', which I composed just before I resigned, and then
decided against sending because as I was going to leave, it seemed
unnecessary to start a conversation I was not going to be around to
take farther forward. Now I am re-evaluating my decision, I should at
least be around long enough to handle any comment on it, and hope it
might still be of value to the forum anyway. We need a lot more grace
to oil the relationships between us, and that can only possibly come
from those who have themselves received it!

Let me make this perfectly clear: I am not decrying you or others
generally discussing belief to find truth - I did a great deal in my
younger days - it is just not what I feel *I* should be involved in
myself at present.

God bless,

Eric