[creation] Re: Israe/l/2

  • From: "Knarr" <knarrrj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 21:38:22 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dr. Neville Jones
  To: creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 7:44 PM
  Subject: [creation] Re: Israe/l

  Ronald,

  The Israelites are the large flock. If you or I manage to get into the small
flock, then it is by the grace of God, not because we are part of the covernant
made by God to His servant Abraham.
  Perhaps you would like to consider the following, from Isaiah 43:

  But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed
thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy
name; thou art mine.
  2  When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the
rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou
shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
  3  For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave
Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
  4  Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I
have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.
  5  Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and
gather thee from the west;
  6  I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring
my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;
  7  Even every one that is called by my name: It might be well to remember
here who is called by His name. Is Israel His name? Is Jew His name? Is
Christ(ian) His name?? Christians are called directly after His name!
   for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
  8  Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears.
  9  Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled:
who among them can declare this, and show us former things? let them bring
forth their witnesses, that they may be justified: or let them hear, and say,
It is truth.
  10  Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen:
that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there
was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
  11  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
  12  I have declared, and have saved, and I have showed, when there was no
strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am
God.
  13  Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out
of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?
  14  Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; For your sake
I have sent to Babylon, and have brought down all their nobles, and the
Chaldeans, whose cry is in the ships.
  15  I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.

  There will be no more insinuations or accusations against the Jews on this
forum.
  Of course not. I am only quoteing Holy Scripture, Jesus' own words.
  11 And I say to you that many shall come from the east and the west, and
shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven:
  12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into the exterior
darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
  --------------
  ...do not begin to say, We have Abraham for our father. For I say unto you,
that God is able of these stones to raise up children to Abraham.
  --------------------
  39 They answered, and said to him: Abraham is our father. Jesus saith to
them: If you be the children of Abraham, do the works of Abraham.
  40 But now you seek to kill me, a man who have spoken the truth to you, which
I have heard of God. This Abraham did not.
  41 You do the works of your father. They said therefore to him: We are not
born of fornication: we have one Father, even God.
  42 Jesus therefore said to them: If God were your Father, you would indeed
love me. For from God I proceeded, and came; for I came not of myself, but he
sent me:
  43 Why do you not know my speech? Because you cannot hear my word.
  44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you will
do.
           No Neville, I cannot agree with you to the depth that you require.
This is one defect of Protestantism. They can quote Scipture endlessly and
still every Protestant will end up with a different opinion, and each one will
be firmly convinced he is correct. There are no end to the divisions amoung
Protestants and neither you nor I will ever be able to convince one another on
any topic as long as Scripture is the sole authority, the same Holy Scripture
that the Catholic Church gave us after centuries of getting along without it.
St. Paul said to "... hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by
word, or by our epistle." It is these same traditions that Protestants cast
aside, because of their hatred for Christ's Church and are left with each
Protestant trying to defend his personal outlook by his quotes from Scripture.
     Best Wishes and hope to read something on the Geocentrizm issue soon,
Ronald Knarr

  Neville.

  Knarr <knarrrj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  Allow me to quote Scripture also in response to you:
  Romans Chapte 4:13 For not through the law was the promise to Abraham, or to
his seed, that he should be heir of the world; but through the justice of faith.
  14 For if they who are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, the promise
is made of no effect.