[creation] Re: Israel

  • From: Percival Tanierla <percy_tan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 22:16:57 -0800 (PST)

Dear Neville,

   I agree with your position that God will never
abandon His chosen people- Israel. GOd bless you

 percival


--- "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Ronald,
>  
> I thought after I had sent this posting that you
> would pick up on this particular issue!
>  
> Although I know nothing of the Talmud, I am aware
> that many Jews place Talmudic teachings above those
> of Scripture. I am also aware that there have been
> some pretty mega deceptions coming from various
> high-profile Jews. In my own field, for instance, we
> have Einstein, Sagan and Feynman, to name but three.
>  
> However, God makes it abundantly clear that the Jews
> are His people and that the universe will be
> measured and the depths of the World searched out
> before He will abandon them. In other words, He will
> never desert them.
>  
> Therefore, yes, you may instigate discussions of the
> Talmud if you wish, but you may not, on this forum,
> condemn the Jewish nation. And, of course, any
> discussion about their beliefs must be as polite and
> tolerant as any that touches on Catholic beliefs.
>  
> (P.S. The delay in replying was due to the fact that
> I have changed my family's sabbath from Sunday to
> Saturday.)
>  
> Yours in Christ,
>  
> Neville.
> 
> Knarr <knarrrj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Neville,
> Thank you for trying to clarify things. I do have
> one question. You say, "4. I will, under no
> circumstances, allow remarks or postings that are
> anti-Jewish." Are you to be so tolerant of Jews and
> not so of other religions? Why just Jews??
> You say, "I will allow the discussion of doctrine on
> the forum, as long as it is tolerant and as long as
> all contributors are fully and constantly aware that
> they are not here to convert anyone. (Please do not,
> for example, attack anyone just because they are
> Catholic. If you disagree with a Catholic doctrine -
> as, indeed, I do - then feel free to politely say so
> and give your reasons." 
> Does this mean I am not free to make comments on
> Jews as Jews, but that if the situation warrants it,
> in my mind, I may quote what I consider wrong in
> Jews teaching from their Talmud as long as I am
> fully and constantly aware that I am not here to
> convert anyone and politely say so, such as: 
> Gittin 57a. Says Jesus is in hell, being boiled in
> "hot excrement.", or
> Sanhedrin 90a. Those who read the New Testament
> ("uncanonical books") will have no portion in the
> world to come., or
> Sanhedrin 54b. A Jew may have sex with a child as
> long as the child is less than nine years old., or
> Kethuboth 11b. "When a grown-up man has intercourse
> with a little girl it is nothing.", or
> Minor Tractates. Soferim 15, Rule 10. This is the
> saying of Rabbi Simon ben Yohai: Tob shebe goyyim
> harog ("Even the best of the gentiles should all be
> killed")?
> Now nothing could be more polite. I would be only
> quoting from their own high holy book. I am not
> ashamed for anyone to quote from any official
> Catholic Document.
> If the discussion is not to be strictly held to
> Geocentrizm I think I should be as free to comment
> on Jew's religious teaching as others are to comment
> on the teachings of the Catholic Church, don't you?
> I'm not angry or irate, just asking. Ronald Knarr
>               
> ---------------------------------
>  ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even
> more fun!  
> 
> 
> 


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

Other related posts: