[creation] Re: Israe/l

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 00:44:58 +0000 (GMT)

Ronald,

The Israelites are the large flock. If you or I manage to get into the small
flock, then it is by the grace of God, not because we are part of the covernant
made by God to His servant Abraham.
Perhaps you would like to consider the following, from Isaiah 43:

But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed
thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy
name; thou art mine.
2  When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the
rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou
shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
3  For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt
for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
4  Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have
loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.
5  Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and
gather thee from the west;
6  I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my
sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;
7  Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my
glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
8  Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears.
9  Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled:
who among them can declare this, and show us former things? let them bring
forth their witnesses, that they may be justified: or let them hear, and say,
It is truth.
10  Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen:
that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there
was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
11  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
12  I have declared, and have saved, and I have showed, when there was no
strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am
God.
13  Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of
my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?
14  Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; For your sake I
have sent to Babylon, and have brought down all their nobles, and the
Chaldeans, whose cry is in the ships.
15  I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.

There will be no more insinuations or accusations against the Jews on this
forum.

Neville.

Knarr <knarrrj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Allow me to quote Scripture also in response to you:
Romans Chapte 4:13 For not through the law was the promise to Abraham, or to
his seed, that he should be heir of the world; but through the justice of faith.
14 For if they who are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, the promise is
made of no effect.