[creation] Re: Introductions

  • From: "Jack Lewis" <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:25:59 -0000

This is Jack Lewis' contribution to Neville's request.

I am 65 years old this year and I have been an evangelical 'style' of
Christian since 1994. I live in a small village in England, Cambridgeshire
called Isleham. Those of you who have heard of  D. H. Spurgeon will be
interested to know that he was baptised here in the river lark. Incidentally
my wife was the last person to be baptised in this river. She actually came
much dirtier than when she went in. It's surprising what one can learn on
such an auspicious forum!

I have often asked myself many times why God waited so long to reveal
Himself to me. I guess He had a reason. At this time I still believed in
evolution until I met a local creationist. I was absolutely gobsmacked by
the things he said. I then subscribed to Creation Link-UK, a forum similar
to Neville's. It was here that I found out more about the evolution/creation
debate. Twice I raised the question of geocentrism, the first time I was
warned by a like minded colleague that all I could expect was ridicule
because the majority of creationists are heliocentrists and especially
I.C.R. and A.I.G. Well this was like a red rag to a bull and so I jumped in
with both feet. Then Neville came along to CL-UK, exchanged half a dozen
e-mails with them, got the gist of where they were at and promptly resigned.
However I wasn't quite so impetuous (which is a joke really) and remained
with them but at the same time becoming a firm e-friend with Neville and his
son Steven. I then raised the geocentrism issue for the second time on
CL-UK. This time I was forbidden from posting further on this subject so I
resigned and became more involved with Neville and Steven and the website.

My background was engineering later becoming a technical illustrator and
eventually running my own graphic design company - very badly indeed! This
was prior to DTP and I went bankrupt. I am now the caretaker of my church
and look forward to retirement. If the pension situation is OK I hope to get
back to acrylic painting and perhaps retraining myself to do technical
illustration on a computer. I have already assisted Neville with some
analytical geometry drawings for his new project.