[creation] Re: Guidelines/further questions

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 13:15:59 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Ronald,

I thought after I had sent this posting that you would pick up on this
particular issue!

Although I know nothing of the Talmud, I am aware that many Jews place Talmudic
teachings above those of Scripture. I am also aware that there have been some
pretty mega deceptions coming from various high-profile Jews. In my own field,
for instance, we have Einstein, Sagan and Feynman, to name but three.

However, God makes it abundantly clear that the Jews are His people and that
the universe will be measured and the depths of the World searched out before
He will abandon them. In other words, He will never desert them.

Therefore, yes, you may instigate discussions of the Talmud if you wish, but
you may not, on this forum, condemn the Jewish nation. And, of course, any
discussion about their beliefs must be as polite and tolerant as any that
touches on Catholic beliefs.

(P.S. The delay in replying was due to the fact that I have changed my family's
sabbath from Sunday to Saturday.)

Yours in Christ,

Neville.

Knarr <knarrrj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Neville,
Thank you for trying to clarify things. I do have one question. You say, "4. I
will, under no circumstances, allow remarks or postings that are anti-Jewish."
Are you to be so tolerant of Jews and not so of other religions? Why just Jews??
You say, "I will allow the discussion of doctrine on the forum, as long as it
is tolerant and as long as all contributors are fully and constantly aware that
they are not here to convert anyone. (Please do not, for example, attack anyone
just because they are Catholic. If you disagree with a Catholic doctrine - as,
indeed, I do - then feel free to politely say so and give your reasons."
Does this mean I am not free to make comments on Jews as Jews, but that if the
situation warrants it, in my mind, I may quote what I consider wrong in Jews
teaching from their Talmud as long as I am fully and constantly aware that I am
not here to convert anyone and politely say so, such as:
Gittin 57a. Says Jesus is in hell, being boiled in "hot excrement.", or
Sanhedrin 90a. Those who read the New Testament ("uncanonical books") will have
no portion in the world to come., or
Sanhedrin 54b. A Jew may have sex with a child as long as the child is less
than nine years old., or
Kethuboth 11b. "When a grown-up man has intercourse with a little girl it is
nothing.", or
Minor Tractates. Soferim 15, Rule 10. This is the saying of Rabbi Simon ben
Yohai: Tob shebe goyyim harog ("Even the best of the gentiles should all be
killed")?
Now nothing could be more polite. I would be only quoting from their own high
holy book. I am not ashamed for anyone to quote from any official Catholic
Document.
If the discussion is not to be strictly held to Geocentrizm I think I should be
as free to comment on Jew's religious teaching as others are to comment on the
teachings of the Catholic Church, don't you?
I'm not angry or irate, just asking. Ronald Knarr