[creation] Re: Geocentrism

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:41:33 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Philip,

I think that an aether must exist for basically two reasons. One is that
Maxwell's excellent e/m theory is based upon it (Einstein, as you know, tried
to "fix" Maxwell's theory by kicking this foundation into touch!!). Secondly,
we have experimental indications of it with Sagnac and others.

As for where it actually starts, I don't know. But the firmament must be
frictionless, I believe, so there could be no effect on rockets, etc.

For those of you who are interested in the actual motion in geo- and helio-
cosmologies, see

www.midclyth.supanet.com

"Moon landing feasibility" under the "NASA" heading on the home page (no button
yet). In particular, please study Figs. 3 & 4.

Neville.

Philip Stott <pstott@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Neville,

I agree that the two possibilities are not the same provided we are dealing
with an aether. However, science knows so little of this aether (having
denied its existence for so long) that I doubt if we are in a position to
predict just what the difference would be.

Blessings

Philip

> However, when you are sending a rocket to the Moon, you do need to know
which system is reality. Relative motions are not the main thing anymore.