[creation] Geocentrism

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 19:11:00 +0000 (GMT)

Dear All,

Well, now that we have had a little say with regard to our individual
beliefs(!), perhaps we could get on to what the forum was set up for - creation
science.

I know that not all of you are geocentrists here, but since no other topic has
been put forward, I will start with Ronald's request for a geocentric
discussion.

On the other forum (geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx), we are currently debating
NASA's claims to have landed men on the Moon, with particular relevance to the
geocentric/heliocentric issue.

When you stand on the World and look at the starry heavens, you may adopt
either a geocentric or a heliocentric framework to mathematically describe what
you see and predict future events. This is called Mach's Principle.

However, when you are sending a rocket to the Moon, you do need to know which
system is reality. Relative motions are not the main thing anymore.

I throw this observation open to discussion to any of you who want to
contribute.

Neville.