[creation] Darwin's faith (or lack of it)

  • From: "John Matthews" <john.matthews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <creation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:24:15 -0000

Although there are many books and articles written about Darwin, if one
looks at the different versions of his Origin of Species (so that we are
dealing with his words), we find that over time he ascribed less and less to
the power of (the Christian) God.

His stumbling block, was that when his brother died (unconverted to the
Christian faith), he was furious with God because the standard Christian
teaching was, that such persons would go to hell. He seemed to have ignored
the invitation to repent. The same thing seemed to have happened to
Mohammad, the 8th century Islamic prophet.

John Matthews (UK)
Retired reservoir engineer and petroleum geologist.
Reader in the Chruch of England.